Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sew For Victory! A 1940s Themed Sewalong

I don't think I have been so lucky in my life.  If my new manager hadn't told me I needed to buy different pants for work that were nearly impossible to find, the gems I discovered in the pattern section at the D.I. would be someone else's treasures.  Did I mention I bought 20?? (In case you were wondering, I found pants too!)

The incredible luck plays in because I wanted to participate in the Sew For Victory sew-along,but didn't want to shell out big bucks for a 1940s pattern and fabric.  Not only do I now get to sew a dress from the correct era, I got to choose which one! Five(?) of the patterns I bought were from the1940s.


Here is the one I picked!  I think that I came across vintage fabric at a garage sale will make this even more authentic. The stripes will be the main part of view 1 with the floral print as the collar and pocket accents.

Here's the catch... Rochelle of Lucky Lucille is posting finished projects on March 31st.  I am being completely honest when I say I am not confident in my ability to finish by then.  Wish me luck(I'm going to need it)!

P.S.  I'm going to post a sewing video from the '40s later today, so come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment