Monday, April 1, 2013

sew for victory challenge: finished dress!

I ended up falling in love with my dress I made for the sew along!  I'm so thankful to Rochelle for hosting Sew for Victory because I really would have never made this dress otherwise.

This dress really did feel like a project someone from the 1940s would have done.  This project costed me no more than $3!  That is including the fabric, pattern, buttons, and zipper.  Not bad at all, right? Everything I used was thrifted vintage.  The "make do and mend" portion really did come into play a lot because the sleeve cuff pattern pieces were missing so I made them up, which wasn't hard at all.  

(I would just like to point out that I was very careful in matching all of my lines and diagonals.) 

dress- made by me
vintage cardigan- estate sale
vintage shoes-estate sale
vintage clipons- estate sale


  1. That dress is fantastic! I love the fabric prints and that you got it all for $3!
    I also love your photoshoot styling; it's awesome that you look like you're from the 40's too!

    1. Thank you so much! This project definitely has been a favorite, and I wear it all of the time!