Saturday, April 5, 2014

My One Day Project


My most recent project (I started this afternoon and finished an hour ago) was a vintage Simplicity 4213, view 2.  I made my shirt in a vintage floral rayon which was a bit of a problem being that this particular fabric was very thin, and it was exceptionally stretchy.  It is a bit shorter than most modern styles but that is just fine with me since I plan on almost always wearing it with high waisted skirts.  The darts that make the waist fitted will definitely come in handy so I wont have a lot of extra fabric hanging over the bands of my skirts!  If I were to remake this pattern I would probably use one long zipper in the back of the shirt rather than have a smaller one on the side seam underneath my left arm.  Because the waist is so fitted even with the zipper undone, I have to be careful when pulling the shirt over my shoulders.  Overall, I really like this pattern and I love that it is such a fast project. The fact that the pattern was $1 and the fabric was free doesn't hurt either! I do plan on revisiting this soon, but I might try view 4 next.



No comments:

Post a Comment